We all can agree that energy is a big part of our present day existence. Every day we come in contact with energy in one form or another. Energy warms us up in the colder months and cools us down in the hotter ones. It helps us cook, keeps our food fresh and lights up the darkness when we need to see. Energy powers our appliances and aids us in our travels.
There are many forms of energy sources available; however the most used varieties are coal and petroleum based. Traditional energy sources have been called out for their negative environmental side effects; excess energy consumption releases harsh greenhouse gases and contributes to unnatural climate changes. However, conservation can reduce the negative impact that energy usage has on the environment and our health.
8 Ways To Conserve Energy At Home
- Switch to Energy Efficient Appliances: Energy efficient appliances uses up to 50 percent less energy than standard appliances. Switching can lower your monthly bill and reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Insulate your Home: Poorly insulated walls and windows promote the escape of energy which causes you to use more of it. Professionally insulating your home will help you save energy.
- Use Power Strips: Using power strips then turning off the strip when not in use is an easy way to conserve energy.
- Use Solar Power: Solar power is a popular alternative to traditional energy; it uses the power of the sun to generate energy. Solar is a lot cleaner than the traditional, its cells can be roofed to power your homes while solar powered chargers, lighting and toys are growing in popularity.
- Switch to CFL Bulbs: Switch all your bulbs to CFL bulbs as they use a lot less energy than traditional.
- Turn off the Lights: The simple act of turning off the lights can conserve tons of energy in your home.
- Use Recycled Products: Less energy is used in the manufacturing of recycled products. Supporting recycle products conserves energy and lessens the use of virgin materials.
- Laundry Less: Wash laundry only when you have accumulated full loads, also, hang dry clothing whenever possible to avoid using dryer.